Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Done with Rain/晴れが戻って来た/晴天回來了

The rain is all done and the sun is shining again!
I read the New York Times on a regular basis, and as is usual around this time of year, there are all the articles talking about how now that Labor Day has passed, it's starting to feel like summer is over.  It's interesting because I can vividly picture that feeling in my head, having experienced that end-of-summer-but-fall-hasn't-quite-started-yet period so many times in my life, but there isn't the slightest hint of it here.  It's still hot.  It's still humid (though maybe temporarily a bit less so now that the typhoon and its rains have passed.)  And there's no reason to expect this weather to stop anytime soon.  Taiwan may have four seasons (just barely, I'm still not sure if I can be pressed to count the "winter" they have here as winter) but with how far south it is, the balance is all off and summer seems to last about half the year.  Not that I'm complaining.  I'll be happy if I never see another flake of snow again in my life, outside of weekend trips to Maine or Hokkaido or somewhere where I can experience a couple of days of briskness before scuttling back to warmth.
雨が止んで、また晴れて来た。(でも暑い!)
日本(琉球列島を除いて)はこれから台風季節のピークに入るだろう。たしか9月だと思う。台湾はもうピーク過ぎている。9月にも台風が来る可能性は十分有るけど、これからその可能性が低く成る。そして、それで雨の季節はほとんど終わっている。今から3月(?)頃までは涼しくてあまり雨が降らない南台湾の最適の時期だ。いいだろ?
雨沒有了、再晴天了。如果我還在紐約、現在我已經在變憂鬱了。我真的不喜歡秋天。不是秋天不好、就是秋天結束之後、冬天就開始了。不過、臺灣的夏天和冬天、日出、日沒差不多一樣、然後沒有那麼冷、所以我在臺灣就沒有秋天的憂鬱。很舒服啊!

No comments:

Post a Comment